Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All offers/promotions are available only for Geo users.
- All offers/promotions are not available in conjunction with any other offers/promotions.
- All offers/promotions are not available for assignments where payment is directed to the system owner.
- All offers/promotions are not available for assignments over 50kW.
Payment terms and conditions
For assignment forms where Green Energy Trading is paying the system owner or other third-party payee, payment for these certificates will be made once they are approved by the Clean Energy Regulator or other relevant Regulator. This approval process typically takes around three to six weeks. This policy is in place to prevent issues arising in circumstances where certificates have been paid for but cannot be properly created for any reason.
STCs and VEECs (excluding VEECs for lighting activities): Green Energy Trading is offering a 3 business day payment turnaround time for STCs submitted online (if submitted by 3pm). Alternatively we offer a 5 business day payment turnaround time for paper forms. These terms are applicable for complete and correct forms where the installer or supplier is claiming a point of sale discount.
Forms that are missing information, incomplete or non-compliant with the current regulations may incur a delay in payment.
VEECs (Activity 21: Halogen Replacement): Green Energy Trading is offering a 10 business day payment turnaround time for lighting VEECs, following receipt of clean and correct paperwork.
VEECs (Activity 34: Commercial Lighting): In line with our project partnership model, Green Energy Trading offers payment for commercial lighting VEECS within 10 business days of assignment submission to the Essential Services Commission (ESC). Submission will occur as soon as practicable after all relevant evidence and paperwork is collected and testing and inspection processes are complete. New clients may experience a delay with their payments to allow time for their training and the preparation of complete and correct paperwork.
ESCs (Commercial Lighting): In line with our project partnership model, Green Energy Trading offers payment for commercial lighting ESCs within 10 business days of assignment submission to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART). Submission will occur as soon as practicable after all relevant evidence and paperwork is collected and testing and inspection processes are complete. New clients may experience a delay with their payments to allow time for their training and the preparation of complete and correct paperwork.
Green Energy Trading makes every effort to ensure that payment terms are maintained or improved, however we reserve the right to modify our terms if required.
At Green Energy Trading, we take privacy and confidentiality seriously. Green Energy Trading considers respect for privacy and confidentiality to be fundamental principles for good business practice. We are committed to treating the personal information we collect in accordance with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
1. Personal information we collect
Green Energy Trading will only collect personal information where the information is necessary for environmental certificate creation and trade. The main types of information we collect include names, positions, contact details, Australian business numbers (ABNs), installation details, event attendance and publication subscriptions and bank details for the exchange of financial incentives. Most of the information we collect is required for regulatory purposes, however we may ask for additional information to support our own business processes.
3. Use of personal information Green Energy Trading collects personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide access to financial incentives.
- to provide business development advice and market intelligence.
- to respond to enquiries.
- to maintain contact with our clients and other industry stakeholders.
- for administrative purposes.
- for recruitment purposes.
- for purposes relating to the employment of our personnel.
- for the engagement of service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business.
- for other business related purposes.
- to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our services, industry developments and to notify of training and education programs.
Green Energy Trading may also use your personal information for the marketing of its services. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, you can contact us as detailed below or use the unsubscribe function on electronic communication, or the notification function on other marketing material. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to complete or fulfil the purpose for which such information was collected, including providing details with the services we were engaged to perform.
4. Disclosure of personal information Green Energy Trading is required to disclose some personal information to regulators and other third parties in order to create and trade environmental certificates. Environmental certificate assignment forms are tripartite agreements between the system owner, solution provider and Green Energy Trading. These forms have been endorsed by the regulators for certificate creation. The information they contain is required by the regulator to enable the financial benefits to be monetised.
Green Energy Trading will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless:
- permitted by law
- by your consent.
If we do disclose personal information to third parties, we will do so in accordance with the purpose for which the personal information was collected, or a related or ancillary purpose. The types of third parties we may disclose your personal information to include:
- experts or other third parties contracted as part of a certificate assignment, or
- if you are an employee, a contractor or supplier of services to a client, then we may disclose your personal information as part of providing services to that client.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to send marketing material to you. However, we may share non personal, de-identified or aggregated information to them for research or promotional purposes.
5. Security and retention of personal information We take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and loss. We also take reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The security measures we take include physical security measures (including security passes to enter our offices) and technology security measures (including restriction of access, firewalls, the use of encryption, passwords and digital certificates). The personal information you provide to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected, as required by law or in accordance with our documentation retention policies.
6. Privacy on our website You have several choices regarding your use of Green Energy Trading’s website. In general, you are not required to provide personal information when you visit our websites. However, if you apply to receive information about our services, events and publications, or wish to access our client portal or apply for a job, we may require you to provide certain personal information.
Green Energy Trading’s website may contain links to third parties' websites, including sites maintained by other industry stakeholders. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures. You will need to review those websites directly to view a copy of their privacy policies. Green Energy Trading does not endorse, approve or recommend the services or products provided on those third party websites.
7. Children We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an online environment. In particular, our websites are not intentionally designed for or directed at children under the age of 13. It is our policy to never knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
8. Keeping personal information current If you believe that any personal information Green Energy Trading has collected about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date, please contact Green Energy Trading and we will take reasonable steps to correct it in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
9. Geo Barcode Scanner App Green Energy Trading does not collect any personal information nor share any information with third parties. The Clean Energy Regulator recommends that module serial numbers are recorded by either photographing the serial numbers before the panels are physically installed, or retaining the serial number stickers for the modules. This app is intended to support the accurate collection of module serial numbers in addition to the collection of module serial number evidence by photograph or physical documentation. It is not designed to replace your existing practices of serial number collection.
The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing general information about Green Energy Trading, their partners and the services offered by them.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, it does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by Green Energy Trading.
The information presented is believed to be reliable but it's subject to change at any time without notice. Green Energy Trading does not guarantee its completeness or accuracy. By accessing this website you agree that Green Energy Trading will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained in this website or from your access of other material on the internet via web links from this site.
The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to Green Energy Trading. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may be used only for non-commercial purposes;
- The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- The products described in this website may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Green Energy Trading or other third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights;
- Images, pictures, videos, logos and graphics on this site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).