VEEC Water heating and Space Heating
(Activities 1A, 1B, 1E,1F, 3B, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Additional evidence of decommissioning must be collected by installers completing Water Heating and Space Heating activities under the VEET scheme from tomorrow, 21 February 2017
Activities 1A, 1B, 1E, 1F, 3B, 5 and 7
3 documents demonstrating decommissioning are required, including:
1. A geo-tagged* photo of the unit showing the method of decommissioning that made the unit permanently inoperable (i.e. photo shows the heating element removed, or the pilot light removed or a hole made in the unit);
2. A geo-tagged* photo of the unit compliance plate clearly showing the brand, model and serial number of the decommissioned unit.
3. A recycling receipt for the decommissioned unit
If the unit was not able to be removed for recycling because it is located in a ceiling or wall cavity, provide a clear description on the Certificate of Electrical Safety detailing the method of decommissioning that made the unit permanently inoperable.
Activities 6 and 8
2 documents demonstrating decommissioning are required for activities 6 and 8, including:
1. A geo-tagged photo of the switchboard, showing the slab heater circuit disconnected and made safe at the switchboard
2. A clear description on the Certificate of Electrical Safety detailing how the unit was decommissioned.
The Essential Services Commission requires this additional evidence to confirm that the decommissioned unit was eligible to be upgraded under the VEET Scheme, and has been permanently rendered inoperable.
*How to turn on GPS location services on your device:
- iOS: 1. Go to Settings, find and press "Privacy"
2. Turn Location Services "On"
- Android: 1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to open your notifications bar (this should work even on lthe lock screen or if you're in an app)
2. If you have Quick Settings straight away find and tap on Location or GPS.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
The Green Energy Trading Team